Lift chairs are available in various sizes and collections. In a lot of cases, the same lift chair model will have a lot of sizes. If you are not sure of the size of the lift chair that fits your need or matches your requirement, talk to a product specialist who would gladly guide you through the selection process.
A hack for determining the size of the lift chair that you require is to look through the furniture in your home. If you are a current owner of a standard recliner which provides adequate comfort for you, all you need to do is measure the distance from the floor to the seat, the seat width and depth, as well as the gap between the back of the seat down to the backrest. With these measurements, it becomes easier to match you to a chair with similar dimensions.
If you do not have a comfortable recliner, it is still possible to obtain the necessary measurements to be sure that your lift chair fits perfectly. Having someone offering or rendering assistance with these measurements may be necessary depending on your mobility.
- Take measurement from the bottom of your foot to the back of your knee. This will provide insight on the required height of the chair from floor to seat.
- As you remain seated, run a tape measure beneath your bottom from side to side. This should give an insight on the required width of the seat of your lift chair.
- Still in a sitting position, take a measurement from your bottom back to the midpoint between the back of your knees. This should give a clear indication of what the required depth of the seat of your lift chair is.
- Again, as you remain seated, take measurements from the bottom of your back to the top of your head. This should give you an idea of the required height for the backrest of your lift chair.
- The last step is to take a measurement of your weight before placing your order. There is a specific weight capacity for all chairs. It is advisable to add 10% to 15% of your total weight to the measured value to create a buffer or tolerance for probable weight gain in the future.
The outcome of these measurements should give you an idea of the size of lift chair you need.